Category : Churches

The Chapel at Dover College is one of three original Priory buildings still in use. It was constructed during the 12th Century and was for several hundred years the Priory’s guesthouse. After the dissolution of the monasteries in the 16th Century the building was used as a barn and eventually fell into a state of ..

Read more

New St James Church ST.JAMES’ NEW CHURCH The foundation stone of St.James’ new Church was laid on the 10 April 1860 by J.P.Plumptre Esq., Deputy Lord Warden, the Mayor and Corporation attending in state to grace the ceremony.* The interest aroused was very great. Mr W. Moxon, the man of the hour, was the builder ..

Read more