View of the lower part of Dover Town, circa 1950, to the castle and pharos, from the “64 steps”, above Adrian Street. The picture shows cleared site on the seafront for building the Gateway Flats. It also gives a view of Leney’s Phoenix Brewery off Market Square, Victoria Park Mansions and, in the immediate foreground, the junction of Snargate Street and Northampton Street, at New Bridge.
Dover Express files photograph (dated October 1947) showing re -built houses on the site of war -damaged property at the corner of Folkestone Road and Church Road.
Note the Borough of Dover van; was that an American -aid gift from U.S.A?
A (just post-war ) view of the rebuilding of the Dover bus station off Townwall Street with, in the background, the tall chimney of the former Phoenix Brewery which had a frontage to Castle Street.